Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Memorial Weekend

We had a busy Memorial Day weekend at the Greer household.  Friday was my last day of school with the kids, and I was so excited to be done! :)  It's been my most challenging year of teaching so far, and I was more than ready to see it end!

Our friend and neighbor, Robyn, turned 30 on Friday, and a group of us went to eat at the Tic Toc Room in Macon.  Everything was delicious, and we enjoyed a night out with friends.  Ansley stayed with SuSu and Tim-o Friday night.



Saturday, Mitch left for the "Dehem Cup" golf tournament with his golfing buddies.  They went to Lake Oconee this year and played at Harbor Club.  Ansley and I had a lot of bonding time since it was just the two of us.  :)  We got ready and headed to a baby shower for baby Sexton.  Our friends, Hunt and Laura, are expecting a baby boy in July.  Ansley was wearing a precious dress that my mom made.

We're about to start working on getting rid of that paci!  Pray for us!!
On Sunday, Ansley and I went to my friend, Kim's, annual Memorial Day party.  Her street throws a multi-house Memorial Day party, and Kim invited us to come out.  They all have beautiful houses and pools, and we loved getting to go to the party.  Shana and Chad just moved to their neighborhood, and they were invited too.  Ansley and Asher loved playing in the pool.  I didn't take my camera because I knew I wouldn't be able to handle Ansley at the pool by myself and snap photos, but I did get this picture of the two of us.


We start swimming lessons Monday, so I am hoping that Ansley continues to love the water after we finish! :)

Monday, Ansley and I were pretty tired from all of the fun on Sunday.  We pretty much stayed at home and enjoyed being lazy. Mitch got home late afternoon, and we went to his parent's house to eat dinner.  I had post-planning Tuesday and Wednesday, and I worked on getting my classroom cleaned, organized, and ready for summer-shut down.  I snapped a couple of shots as I was walking out the door Wednesday.  I'll see you in 8 weeks, classroom.  I'm looking forward to making memories with my family this summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment