Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Beachin' It

We have successfully completed our first family vacation.  We spent the past week in Seacrest Beach with Nathan and Emily Greer and their sweet children, Ellis and Ross.  We loved Seacrest because you have the convenience of Destin or Panama City, without the crazy traffic.  For the most part, the weather was great.  We had a couple of rainy times, but we overall a lot of sunshine.  We were so excited for Ansley to play in the sand and ocean, and she loved every minute.  Vacation with kids is far from relaxing, but seeing their smiling faces makes everything worth it.  With 3 kids, we ate in most nights, but we did manage to go successfully go out to eat a few nights.  I promised to take more pictures than our last trip, and I definitely did!  :)  Emily has a few shots on her camera that I didn't take, so I'll post a few more when I see those too.

First time on the beach...she loved it!
She even took a cat nap.
A few other vacationers to our right...
...and left.
Mommy and Ansley having fun at the pool.

Nathan and Ellis swimming.
Me, Ellis, and Libby - their babysitter
Nate and Mitch waiting patiently outside a shop.

(I'm having a moment...(maybe lack of sleep!)...and I can't remember how to turn this photo in blogger. :)
We bought Ansley a blow-up pool for the beach....I think she likes it!
Ross and Ellis playing in the sand.
Nate and Emily
Ross and Nate

Chillin'
Happy Girl
 


All of the Greers




Sweet Ellis waiting for dinner.
Sweet Ansley waiting for dinner.

Daddy bought Ansley a new float while we were down there.
Another beach nap!
She loves the sand.  This was seconds before that handful went right in her mouth!

I had to get this picture...Nathan trying so hard to get all of their stuff in their car.  It's hard to pack for a week at the beach!!

A lot of exciting things happened while we were at the beach.  Ansley turned 8 months, and my sister had sweet baby Anabelle!  I will post about Ansley's 8 month accomplishments and our precious niece soon!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like yall had a great time!! Glad it was a success!! :)

    ReplyDelete